Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Snapfish photo services

I'm testing this online photo service. (recommended by the New York Times) They apparently hold my hi-res digital photos, and provide drugstore-like printing services for $.12/print (plus shipping). I've uploaded a few from the key largo trip, and they are available to share online, but you can't view them in hi-resolution. If that link doesn't work, try this one.

6/15 UPDATE: You'll have to create an instant account at Snapfish.com in order to see the set of photos, but its pretty painless (and brilliant marketing on their part).

6/24 UPDATE: The prints came in the mail about 5 days after ordering them, and they look great. They are printed on genuine Kodak photo paper. Shipping raises the cost to about $.18 per print.

ps. I've also opened an account at http://www.flickr.com/ a while ago, and have put a handful of photos on that site. although they still seem to limit image size to 1024 pixels. They have no printing services. My photos are here.


I stitched together this larger panarama, and will be ordering a print. And I hope to see if the following embedded image references are persistent.




Here's where they put a black border on it:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home